For some Brides to Be, you’ve been planning your Dream Wedding since you were little girls. The dress, the shoes, the theme…all you had to do was wait for your Prince Charming to pop the question. Planning your wedding will become the whole of your existence, and everything will be perfect no matter how Bridezilla you get on your fiance, bridesmaids, mother, etc.
Then there are those Brides to Be that the very thought of planning a wedding terrifies us. Budgeting, synchronizing, making everyone happy…the thought will have you running to the County Clerk in no time! But if you WANT that beautiful Big Day shared with family and friends you shouldn’t be discouraged. Your solution: Hire a Wedding Planner!
Your first reaction may be that you don’t have the money for that…but don’t write them off quite yet. Most wedding planners will work with any budget. They also offer different packages whether you want them to plan the entire event or you just want them there for day of activities such as, decor getting set up correctly, bridesmaids and groomsmen know their roles, guests are taken care of and tips are paid out.
If you have a budget of $10,000, your planner will work within that budget adding her fee into it based on her role in your wedding planning. Starting to sound more reasonable? Consider these perks as well:
- Planners know a large network of wedding vendors. They’ll know who to work with, who to steer clear of, whose personalities will work with yours, and different price points to work with.
- Planners often get wholesale pricing. You won’t be paying premium prices for flowers, tables, linens, etc. which equates to saving you money!
- Planners are experienced. Most planners will have planning a wedding…or any event for that matter (Engagement Party, Bridal Shower), down to a science. Knowing what to book first and how far in advance and prioritizing your entire shin-dig down to the very last monogrammed napkin.
- Planning a destination wedding? Whether it be in Ouray, CO or San Diego, CA, you’re likely not going to be able to visit with vendors every weekend. A wedding planner can coordinate with you and your schedule, check out venues and other vendors for you and have insight on the area that you otherwise may not have.
- Is your life too busy as it is? You may have a full time job, travel a lot for work, have children to manage or perhaps your fiance works out of town. Do your bridesmaids or mother live out of town? All of a sudden the Happiest Day of your Life starts sounding like a job that you won’t be getting paid for. A Wedding Planner will be there to help you with anything you want help with and take the burden of time off your hands.
- And lastly, No Stress! Because let’s face it, we’ve never talked to a Bride who planned a wedding from start to finish without at least a little stress. Whether it be big like the budget or something smaller like the gift table being set up in the wrong area. No one needs the added angst on the Happiest Day of their lives, or the months leading up to it.
Now that you know some of the perks of hiring a planner ask yourself these questions to see if a planner is right for you?
- Do you have time?
- Do you work well under stress?
- Are you familiar with the area?
- Are you able to stick to a budget?
- Do you want to be involved with the wedding planning?
If you answered Yes to 3 or more of these questions than you are probably fine to plan your wedding on your own. If you answered No to 3 or more of these questions you may want to consider hiring a Wedding Planner to take some, or, the entire load off your shoulders.