When you were a little girl did you have your perfect dream wedding all planned out? A BIG white fluffy dress? Prince charming? What are the other things you thought about as a little girl? Maybe how your hair would look? Or wearing fancy high heels? Possibly what color your bouquet would be?
We, at Hitched In CO, believe that planning your wedding should be all of the things you have always dreamed of! The hardest part should be finding your prince, or princess, and the rest should be easy. Planning a wedding should not be stressful, and if it is you’re doing it wrong!
Here are some tips on having a stress free wedding:
- Don’t rush the “I Do’s!” – Wedding planning takes time and a good budget. If you want to get married within 6 months than you can’t be too picky with the wedding planning, If you are planning a wedding for 6 months or longer than you will have more options.
- Know your budget – The worst thing in planning is to fall in love with a venue or a wedding dress and then realize that it’s over your budget. Know your budget prior to booking anything! This will weed out any vendors that are outside of your budget and save yourself from being upset when you realize your “perfect” dress isn’t affordable.
- Go to a wedding expo, or two or three! – Wedding expos are amazing! They are typically a lot of fun, and you get to see and speak to so many vendors all in one day rather than making phone calls, sending emails, and setting appointments…between working, family and life. The cherry on top? Most vendors who attend wedding expos will have specials and deals when you book or set an appointment with them at the show! Saving 10% on a photography package or a wedding venue can save you hundreds of dollars! Check out our Annual Wedding Expo in Grand Junction, CO!
- Use online resources like Hitched In CO! – We offer a place for you to view several vendors, compare and request quotes. It makes it so much easier than doing a hundred Google searches!
- Be organized – We LOVE a good wedding planner. You can keep all of your ideas, contact numbers, quotes, magazine clippings etc. all together in one place. Always take it with you when you are meeting with vendors.
- Love your vendors! – This is so important and we think it gets overlooked pretty often! All of your vendors from the venue, florist, cake baker, dress shop, photographer, etc. should be people you would want to grab a beer or glass of wine with at happy hour! Your personalities should click well. Communication is imperative! You do not want to be waiting to hear back from one of your vendors and they shouldn’t be waiting to hear back from you. Make sure you are always on the same page.
If you find yourself following these rules and you are still super stressed out than you have 2 more options. 1) Hire a Wedding Planner or 2) Get married at your local courthouse.
Gorgeous Dress provided by Moniques Bridal!