The Venue is the very first thing you need to book when you are newly engaged. There are two ways to book a venue:
- By a specific date that you want, which means you may have to wait an additional year for your perfect venue, or you may have to chose from what is available.
- By a specific venue. If you are wanting a specific look, location, etc. then you may not be able to be too choosy with the actual date.
Things to consider:
- Summer and Fall wedding dates book quickly, often a year or more prior to the date
- Saturdays are typically the most expensive days to rent a venue, to save a few hundred bucks consider a Friday or Sunday wedding. When considering this, make sure you are thinking about your guest list, if all of your guests are local it’s probably not a very big deal to have your wedding on an off day, but if you have family and friends traveling from out of town this may be inconvenient.
- Ask the venue what the cost includes. Some venues include tables, tents, chairs, porta-potties, etc. and some include nothing but the space. So make sure you know what you are paying for.